"You act like a Pakistani over there rather than a Western gal".
Yes, it's true. I'm a proper Pakistani girl here. I say "ji" all the time even when I don't mean it. I don't talk to boys. Hell I don't even make eye contact with them. I walk with my head down often though I might just be the only remaining Pakistani girl doing this. I wear shalwar kurta all the time. My dupatta covers my chest - always! I make an effort to say inshallah and mashallah at least once during each conversation. I politely ask about everyone's aunties, uncles, cousins, grandchildren, neighbours and pets. I offer to get the bill - though this is something I do out of Pakistan too. It's just more exaggerated and might I add expected here.
And so another day has almost passed. I managed to make some family visits and spent half a day at a beauty parlour (yep, it's called beauty parlour here). It's a hard life eh?!
Electricity just came back - time for dinner! Woop woop!
No comments:
Post a Comment