
Workin' 9 to 5, what a way to make a livin baby! Dolly Parton wasn't kidding. As of next week Monday, I'll be working at my dream magazine - Asiana. Asiana's every British Asian's fashion bible. It proudly embodies desi bridalwear and gorgeous fashion, wedding venues, make-up artists, bollywood gupshup - the works! After an editorial work placement at the magazine I will be now be working in their sales team - an opportunity which will give a complete Asiana experience - kind of like going to a beauty parlour for a manicure and leaving with a facial as well.
I'm also working on a very interesting feature as a freelance writer. My subject is fascinating and can't wait to see the final published version! Nothing drives me more than writing. I suppose writing is in my blood. My mother graduated in Journalism as well, and writes until today. Though I invested four years in a Business degree, I can't for the life of me be bothered with profit and loss or any other figures for that matter. I mean why should I kill my creativity in mundane processes which will make a giant of a multinational reep ridiculous amounts of profit while I complain about being just a number? I pondered over this and struggled with the idea for an entire year until I eventually packed my bags and took off to London.
And so here I am, not regretting my decision for a single moment. The only thing I can't find here but desperately miss are my nieces who I long to see every day, and of course my lovely friends but the latter are London fans and now have a holiday destination.
Life has unfolded suprisingly. It is a now a completely different canvas than I envisioned for myself at 26, but I'm reminded of wise words: everything happens for a reason. I believe strongly that one cannot escape one's fate, no matter how hard we try to fight it. If my fate was to move to London and finally hear my calling, I accept it happily.
No comments:
Post a Comment