Monday, January 4, 2016

Lessons 2015



    1. 2015 was about learning not to put people in boxes anymore, namely the “friends” box and the “colleagues” box. My colleagues have surprised me with cards, presents, birthday toasts (even from the grumpiest colleague in the office), hugs and genuine, thoughtful messages. They have become my designated drivers and gone out of their way to introduce me to sushi - I can't imagine life without sushi now.
    2. 2015 was about finding my balance in Holland after being away for years, returning to find the landscape had changed completely since I left. People had moved on whereas I was still living in the Holland I left behind 5 years ago.
    3. 2015 was about finally riding a bike in Amsterdam.
    4. 2015 was about mustering up the motivation to resume driving classes after giving up mid-way 7 years ago - theory down, practical to go!
    5. 2015 was the year I started jogging and learned to enjoy it.
    6. 2015 was about experiencing some big “nevers”. We’ve all said “I would NEVER have imagined doing this” or “This will NEVER happen”. It’s time to stop saying never.
    7. 2015 was about saying goodbye to flat sharing. Thank you God!
    8. 2015 was about closing chapters and ending eras.
    9. 2015 was about new beginnings – I have a brand new niece who might just be the cutest baby alive
    10. 2015 was about lots and lots of business travel - this must be what nomads feel like minus fast track and miniature hotel toiletries. What would Ross say?

    No comments:

    Post a Comment