Friday, December 3, 2010

Random Thoughts

Thoughts on WINTER

Winter brings out all kinds of feelings in people. Happy ones. Excited ones. Sensitive ones. Sad ones. Maybe the purity of the snow highlights the darkness of our minds or the vibrance of our mood. I think it's the season most people yearn for a partner (or so I've been told) to stay warm on those shivering winter nights. It's also the season that puts most pressure on family bonding and everyone rushes home. Winter also forces out the urge to spend. Shop until you drop then pick yourself up and shop some more.

Thoughts on FRIENDSHIP

I love the way children love. No adult loves like a child because no adult loves unconditionally. Well some do, but I've met very few in my 27 years. One, in fact. Men in particular always care with a motive. Parents, especially in Asian families, love with conditions. Your happiness is theirs as long as you're following what they dictate. Friends too pretend to care unconditionally but quietly their concern goes as far as you meeting their expectations. We live in a world of opportunists. I keep forgetting this very important fact. It's disappointing and very discouraging.

Thoughts on FATE

There are two main viewpoints on fate. Some believe in it. Others don't. It's that simple. I for one believe entirely in fate and over the years life has proven to me that planning is completely and absolutely pointless. One must give one's best and leave the rest up to fate. No one's smart enough to fight it, though you should still try to prove to yourself that you did your best. There's a little fighter in everyone anyway.

Thoughts on REGRET

It's always advisable not to regret anything in life. It's one of those things that are easier preached than practiced though. I feel nothing but regret over missing my gorgeous cousin's wedding. Word of advice to all: Never ever put work before family.

1 comment:

  1. Thoughts on DISTRACTIONS

    Before regret become distractions. Just before going to bed I know how I should spend my next day. How to make small changes that make my life, or the life of others, a little bit better. The next day distractions come lurking; temptations and (minor) addictions. Some days you manage to get some things done from the list of the night before. Other days you go to bed with a feeling of regret, and full of plans how to make amends.

    ReplyDelete