Friday, March 5, 2010

One Month Old

I'm less than an hour away from turning one. Ok, not me per say, but Naveen in London. This one month has been a very interesting chapter in my life. 2010 started off with a bang - literally - as I huddled together with friends under amazing crackling fireworks to celebrate the end of 2009. The song "it was a very good year" would NOT apply to 2009. Note to all: 2009 was the year of learning lessons and finding myself again.

Last week was very interesting from a work point of view. For perhaps the first time in my life, I was at the right place at the right time. I may become a permanent feature at Asiana (Inshallah and keeping fingers crossed!). I've certainly worked very hard to be here and earned it. I can only hope that fate will stay on my side.

After going back and forth the tubes of London today, I met up with family for dinner - a lovely reunion. Had a special moment of being told "we haven't seen much of each other in the last years but we ARE family". 'Family' never fails to have great power in its delivery. It's this power which allows generations to be tied together in bonds - bonds of blood, bonds of culture, bonds of respect and bonds of love (with the occasional bonds of guilt;) I feel grateful to have family, in any form, and my heart goes out to those who don't, either willingly or due to unavoidable circumstances.

And so, I feel positive about being where I am at this point in my life and hope that perseverance, dedication and humanity will take me far - but never too far away from myself, my friends, or my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment